This time I tried acrylic for the initial layer, and for the subsequent layers used the fast-drying oils with Liquin medium which is kind of gel-like and is said to be faster drying than the Siccatif de Courtrai that I used in the previous two paintings with fast-drying oils (both of which are still drying!). The painting was done in three sessions, on three consecutive days. On the final session, the oil colours I'd mixed the previous day were still active, but had dried a bit, and the oils already on the canvas were less willing to mix with any colour I painted over them. I liked this process, and it looks like acrylic and fast-drying oil with liquin will be the way for me to go in the future.
Aside from the tree, you'll notice I stuck fairly religiously to the vertical brush-stroke done with chisel edge brushes to prioritise composition and colour over form and texture.